Getting to relieve the such an amazing day!!! I don't have all the time tonight to arrange this tribute to my Sweet Presley Anne the way I want so I will come back to it tomorrow to share with you why she has captured my soul in these last 3 years. Happy Birthday to my precious angel, my most spirited little girl!
Your delivery was easy, breezy. Scheduled CSection for my 9 lb 2 oz baby girl!! The whole time I was pregnant I wondered if it was possible to have enough love to share between 2 daughters. The moment I first heard you cry I knew in an instant how powerful my love for you was. Then I saw you for the first time... you were so beautiful, you took my breath away.

As a baby you were so relaxed, always going with the flow of things. You napped when you could and were a champ at breastfeeding. I didn't know that babies could be so easy. You even let your big sister hold you, and she was only 1 1/2!
"Chance made us sisters, hearts made us friends"

My Dear Presley Anne~
To say you were a surprise would be an understatement. God had you in mind long before we ever did. From that moment, we knew you would be named Presley. We couldn't wait for your arrival, August 17th couldn't get here fast enough.
To say you were a surprise would be an understatement. God had you in mind long before we ever did. From that moment, we knew you would be named Presley. We couldn't wait for your arrival, August 17th couldn't get here fast enough.
As a baby you were so relaxed, always going with the flow of things. You napped when you could and were a champ at breastfeeding. I didn't know that babies could be so easy. You even let your big sister hold you, and she was only 1 1/2!
We had a few challenges along the way. When we found out you were going to be a big sister, we had a few complications come our way. To keep your baby brother safe in my belly, I had to give up picking you up from 9 months old til practically a year and a half. To this day I try to hold you every second I can to make up for all that lost time we missed. I hope you know that Mommy's arms ached to pick you up every moment along the way. You are such a Snuggle Bunny, anytime you want Mommy to hold you, all you have to do is reach out and I will be there.
Presley (with 2 black eyes forming) as a big sister for the first time!
18 months old
Presley (with 2 black eyes forming) as a big sister for the first time!
18 months old

Your first day of school what a big girl you are now!
17 months old
17 months old

As a toddler you had a few nicknames. P-Dawg, P-Funk and my personal favorites Bruiser and Big Kahuna. The ladder came from experiences we had at the pool. As a 1 yr old, you would jump in the water as if you were an olympic swimmer. Fearless. Bruiser came along because you had no hesitation taking on 5/6 yr old boys for who was most tough. Girl... you won everytime ;)
My 2 beautiful girls
K- 2yrs, Pres-7 months
Learning to sit up
4 months
Thank you my dear Presley for showing me the grey in life. You are my little girl who teaches me life is unpredictable. Just when I think we like Princesses, you want Cars or Diego. Of course your first best friend is a boy, why not? As your Mommy, I can't wait to see what big things you will be in life, because we all know you don't do anything small.I am so proud of you my precious daughter. I promise to be here anytime you need someone to hold you tight, I will never let you go. Happy Birthday sweetheart!



4 comments:
Did you ever think with hair that dark as a newborn, she would be so blonde now? Happy Birthday Miss P!!!!
I love birthday posts!
Happy Birthday!!!!
Happy Birthday P...What a special tribute. I loved it. It gave me the chills.
I'm almost in tears that she's getting to be all grown up. In a few years she'll be dating and then married - okay, not really but I'm getting worried how fast time flies. Those pictures really did make me think it was like yesterday since she was born because I've watched her grow up through those pictures.
Happy Birthday P! You rock it and don't ever hold back - even if your mom begs you to. You are just following in her footsteps.
Post a Comment